Issues of Concern to
Law Enforcement and Police Brutality
School to Prison Pipeline
Raise the Age Campaign
Goals of Raise the Age legislation reform:
1. Increase the maximum age of juvenile court jurisdiction from 17 to 18 years old.
2. Establish funding to ensure that 17-year-olds can access services available in the juvenile justice system.
3. Prohibit the placement of youth under 18 in adult jails and prisons, provide access to age-appropriate rehabilitation.
4. Omit three offenses that do not require adult sentencing from the list of Specified Juvenile Offenses:
● Bank Robbery
● Escaping a juvenile facility
● Drug possession or delivery of more than 1000 grams